Category Archives: Projects

Light Controller Update

“Okay Google, Turn on my lights!” That’s how a majority of my days start now, thanks to Light Controller and LimitlessLED. Over the last week, I’ve been working on a fork of a LimitlessLED lightbulb controller app I found on Github. I wanted to add some interface touch ups and fix a few features too. […]

Also posted in Electronics, LimitlessLED, Programming | | Tagged , | 1 Comment

Update to Cardboard Home

Thanks to some suggestions from users on Reddit, I have just implemented several new features in Cardboard Home, and pushed the update to the Google Play Store. This new version includes some neat new features including a new volume adjustment panel, an option to disable the hardware volume buttons, a blacklist to force apps to […]

Also posted in Cardboard Home, Programming | | Tagged , , , , | 2 Comments

First release of Cardboard Home

I just finished up the last few basic features of Cardboard Home, and have now made it available for download on the Google Play Store. I had been having some trouble getting the gyroscopic head tracking and magnetic “button” to work because my phone didn’t have the hardware to support those features so I was […]

Also posted in Cardboard Home, Programming | | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

Cardboard Home

Recently, I started work on a new app for Android called Cardboard Home. Cardboard Home is an Android launcher designed for use with the Google Cardboard virtual reality headset. Cardboard Home is intended to replace a regular launcher when the user places their device inside a Google Cardboard viewer. Unlike a regular launcher, Cardboard Home uses […]

Also posted in Cardboard Home | | Tagged , , , | 2 Comments

Releasing Space Zombies for Android

Space Zombies, originally a game I designed in Java for computers, has finally been released on mobile. I originally started work on porting Space Zombies to Android using Java and the built in canvas renderer, but found that was too unreliable on anything but the best phones, so I started work on rewriting Space Zombies […]

Also posted in JavaZombies, Programming, SpaceZombies | | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

New app, Sole Champion, is on the Google Play Store

My first Android app, Sole Champion, is now available for download on the Google Play Store. Sole Champion is an augmented reality game that allows the player to take the action into their world, and play the game on their kitchen table, a desk, or even, given large enough AR cards, the roof of a […]

Also posted in Programming, Sole Champion | | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

Starting to learn CG shader language

Over the last few days, I have been learning about the CG shader language for Unity 3D. I started out following a tutorial to make a simple lambert shader, as pictured here. Shaders use trigonometry to calculate the lighting on each pixel or vertex or the mesh.  To find the brightness of a specific area, […]

Also posted in Programming, Sole Champion | | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Updated mobile site version

Today, I finished the mobile layout for this site today.  It uses pure CSS to make the layout, with a bit of JavaScript to set CSS styles when the user hits the navigation pane expand button (at the top left).  The static styles are set with the following CSS selector @media screen and (max-width: 899px){ header […]

Also posted in Programming, Website | | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

LimitlessLED Wi-Fi controlled light bulbs

About a week ago, I received a LimitlessLED RGBW Smart-Light from LimitlessLED. This light bulb can be controlled over a Wi-Fi network with UDP hex commands.  Unfortunately, the C# program for controlling the bulbs was using an old version of the codes, so it did not work with my bulb.  The source code for their […]

Also posted in LimitlessLED, Programming | | Tagged | 1 Comment

Indexer 1.1b5 released (Last change to Indexer for the year)

Today, I released Indexer 1.1b5, which included bug fixes.  My plan for the next few releases is to work on converting the preview system to using MIME types instead of extensions for identifying previewable files.

Also posted in Indexer, Programming | | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment